This NSL monthly newsletter summarizes the month’s news and notes from various league constituents. In this edition:
- Executive Director News
- Technical Director News
- Marketing News
- League Administrator News
Executive Director News
The fall season is off to a great start and there have been lots of positives from the opening three weeks of competition. We’ve seen many great examples of competitive play throughout the league and it’s been excellent to see so many of our young players enjoying their playing time. I’d also like to take this opportunity to praise all of the coaches, players, parents, administrators, and referees that help to make the league a safe and competitive learning environment for all our players.
I would also like to thank all of our member clubs for your patience and understanding during our transition period to GotSoccer.com. Please contact us (LeagueAdministrator@NSLsoccer.org) if you have any questions or comments about the new scheduling system.
Please continue to share your photos and stories so we can share, retweet, and repost your great achievements with the rest of the league and beyond. Use the hashtags: #NSLCompetes, #NSLDevelops, #NSLSucceeds when posting your stories and photos and we’ll be sure to share them across all our social media accounts.
Finally, I’d like to extend an invitation to all of our members to attend the “State of the NSL” meeting on October 15th at 7:30 pm at the Hampton Inn, Natick to hear about league updates as well as future strategies to help strengthen the league moving forward. A reminder invite will be sent closer the to event and we welcome all our members to attend to share your insights and thoughts about the league.
Northeast Soccer League | Compete, Develop, Succeed
ExecutiveDirector@NSLsoccer.org | 617.645.6076
Technical Director News
Thanks to all our players, officials, administrators, parents and of course referees who have made the fall 2018 season such a success. I have been able to get around the league and have been greatly impressed with not only the level of play but even more importantly the coaches on the sideline. Just last week I was able to watch Juventus Academy, South Shore United Blazers, NOVA, Legacy Soccer Club, Mach 1 FC, CSP United, and Harvest Soccer Club.
It is great to see players of all levels and both genders representing their teams and clubs and we hope that clubs will nominate some of their top players for our PDP Program. This year we are extending the opportunity and have even more developments to present to the membership with our new staff structure. The details for the PDP Program can be found on our website and across our social media platforms and we have also sent notifications to coaches of the respective age groups. For more information on the program please click on the link below and review the brief description.
OPEN TO PLAYERS FROM 04 THROUGH 07 AGE GROUPS
Location: Marlboro Forekicks, 219 Forest St, Marlborough, MA 01752
Dates: Saturday, October 20th and Saturday, November 10th
Times: Saturday, October 20th
07 and 06 GIRLS AND BOYS 12noon to 2.00pm
05 and 04 GIRLS AND BOYS 2.00pm to 4.00pm
Times: Saturday, November 10th
07 and 06 GIRLS AND BOYS 11.00am to 1.00pm
05 and 04 GIRLS AND BOYS 1.00pm to 3.00pm
This fall the Northeast Soccer League will be extending our US Club Soccer PDP Program for players across four age groups. US Club Soccer has approved our application to host our own PDP and after the great feedback from our spring events, we wanted to involve as many of our elite players as possible. This fall promises to be even better and we will once again be using the ForeKicks facility at Marlboro, MA. To participate in this program we require players to be identified by their club Directors of Coaching and Team Coaches. We will then further identify a select group of players for additional training and we hope these teams will represent our league in events against other leagues PDP programs. In addition to the PDP events, selected players may be invited to attend the US Club Soccer Id2 program and potential for U.S. National Team inclusion.
COACH EDUCATION AND CLUB DEVELOPMENT
US Club Soccer over the last few weeks has been promoting its Players First Program and offering a series of webinars and workshops for organizations to follow and review. These workshops are part of the countdown to the launch of the Players First club licensing application. Each week focuses on a different pillar of the Players First Approach and webinars are then stored and available on US Club Soccer’s Facebook page. They are a tremendous resource for clubs and something you should consider making available to every element of your club. The links below provide you with the webinars from the first 3 weeks of programs but make sure you follow the FaceBook page for the remaining sessions which are available in both English and Spanish!
Watch US Club Soccer’s live broadcasts on Facebook.
To countdown to the Players First licensing application launch on Oct. 15, US Club Soccer and Players First partners are sharing an abundance of live video content and articles, with each week themed as a Players First pillar. The offerings are released as follows:
- Week of September 4: Parent Engagement & Education – featuring webinars to be streamed on Facebook Live and hosted by Soccer Parent Resource Center and Positive Coaching Alliance, with more materials from SCOUTINGZONE and Player’s Health
- Review the webinars and content from Week 1 here.
- Week of September 10: Player Development – featuring TopYa! and SCOUTINGZONE on Facebook Live, and media from Beast Mode Soccer and Counting Stars Worldwide
- Review the webinars and content from Week 2 here.
- Week of September 17: Coaching Development – featuring Facebook Live webinars from Beyond Pulse and Sportgo Lite, with more content from Positive Coaching Alliance
- Review the webinars and content from Week 3 here.
- Week of September 24: Club Development – featuring LaLiga and Kimet Sport streaming on Facebook Live, more from World Football Academy and SportSessionPlanner, and a special feature from the Real Club Celta de Vigo Academy Director and Málaga Club de Futbol Academy Director.
- Week of October 1: Player Health & Safety – Dev Mishra, of Sideline Sports Doc, and Holly Silvers, of 11+, will co-host a Facebook Live episode, plus content from Fit For 90’s John Cone, Positive Coaching Alliance, and Player’s Health
Technical Director NSL Soccer
Share with us how you Compete, Develop, and Succeed. Like and follow us, and we will like and follow back; use the hashtags: #NSLCompetes, #NSLDevelops, #NSLSucceeds. Add one or more of our hashtags so we can share, retweet, and repost your great accomplishments. By doing this, it will spread the word of your teams, your club, and your organization, as well as help, promote our league.
Recent photos from around the league
Juventus FC 10U Boys playing against SSU Blazers (9/23/18)
Nova Premier 11U girls playing against NE Conn (9/16/18)
Vipers 14U boys playing against Next Generation FC (9/16/18)
League Administrator News
Here are a few important notes on how to make updates to your club pages on the GotSoccer website.
- The GotSoccer club pages will now be used to generate the contact list attached to each section of the schedule and will also be used in the automatic emails that will notify teams of game changes so they must be correct.
- If the GotSoccer number attached to your page is incorrect please notify Teams Compete at NSL@teamscompete.net and inform them of the correct number.
- If any other information is incorrect please click on this link and follow the instructions on updating your page.
- The page lists the age group that your team plays in. If you have stayed in the same age group or are playing up a year this may be incorrect.
- If your team name includes an age group take the time now to switch it to birth year. If it includes age group you will have to update it every year.
- Please update coaches and managers names and contact information.
We would like to thank all our members for your patience and understanding as we navigate the new GotSoccer.com scheduling system.