1. Access your club/team (‘organization’) in US Club Soccer’s registration platform, powered by KYCK Play.
Each staff member on this email who needs access to the organization account should follow the instructions below:
Once you log into your account, you will have access to your organization based upon the email address matching.
2. Review your staff and team set-up.
- The registrar and president have full permissions by default, and as such, may add/remove staff members and set permissions accordingly.
- Moving forward, add additional teams directly to this account. There is no need to complete a league or tournament team application.
3. Complete Sideline Sports Doc* and staff background checks.
- All staff members who will be coaching a youth team, working with youth players, or serving as a youth team manager when traveling must complete a background check.
- All coaches and staff members registering with US Club Soccer must complete the Sideline Sports Doc course each time a background check is required (approximately every two years).
4. Register your players and staff / request passcards.
The following resources provide detailed registration information and instructions. Make sure that you designate NSL as the league you play in when you do your roster and do not order the cards until you receive the roster back after it has been approved by me. We have a discount and that is the only way you can receive it.
Add all teams. Also, affiliate the team(s) with the league/competition playing, if applicable.
After assigning coaches/staff members to each team (at the team level using the drop-down menu or Teams > View All Teams.), add players to each team. Be sure to use the player’s full name exactly as it appears on the proof of birth (POB). Also, upload the corresponding documents for each player.
Request US Club Soccer registration/passcard for each player (and coach/staff members) for processing by US Club Soccer. You will receive an email when registrations/passcards are processed.
Monitor the Cards > Previous Requests for messages from US Club Soccer (“User Response Required”).
REGISTRATION TIPS & INFORMATION:
- When contacting your admin, please provide the full name of your club as it appears on your dashboard, a detailed summary of the issue, and full names of staff/players, if applicable.
- The system works best with Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers. Please do not use Internet Explorer.
- The KYCK Play Help Section includes tutorials and provides answers to most questions.
- If using a .CSV file to import players, please remove the email address. It is no longer a mandatory field. This field causes many issues we have including parent/player mergers if the parent is on staff.
- When uploading documents, please do not use a tablet or mobile phone as these can distort the image. Scan the image for best results. (File must be saved in .jpeg or .pdf format). Profiles should match the proof of birth (POB) exactly, to include, two last names, if applicable, Jr., Sr., etc., and no nicknames: support.kyck.com/knowledgebase/how-do-i-upload-player-documents-and-photos/
- Be cautious when entering staff members. Staff entered at the Organization level will have access to the entire club and depending on permissions assigned as to how much access they have. This should be reserved for the President, Registrar, DOC, etc. Most staff should be entered at the team level. The staff member will then have access to only the team(s) to which they are assigned with the permissions given: support.kyck.com/knowledgebase/staff-permissions/
- If you cannot find staff under the “View all Staff” tab, go to the Cards tab –> Print Cards. This is an easy way to view whether your staff (or players) have current passcards, when the passcards were issued and for gathering emails to enter staff onto teams. When entering staff into your organization, always start with the email address. After a few seconds, if the staff already exists in your organization, their name will show up and you can auto-populate the address fields. By starting with the email, there is less chance to create a duplicate account (ID).
- It’s important to check the Registrar messages. When we cannot approve a card, we will leave Registrar messages with instructions on what we need in order to approve the card. Once the task has been completed, it’s equally important for a message to be left stating the action has been completed. This will send the card into our queue to review again. support.kyck.com/knowledgebase/how-do-i-check-for-send-messages-as-a-registrar/
- If a staff member cannot see their team, players, etc., ensure they’ve claimed their email address. Claiming their email address is what allows them to have access to what teams and permissions were granted to them by the club. support.kyck.com/knowledgebase/634/
- All forms can be found on the Forms and Documents web page.
- Releasing players is a necessary step when a player is requesting to play for another US Club Soccer member. No player may be registered on two US Club Soccer member clubs at the same time. Players are considered amateur players and are not under contract, and should be released. This needs to be completed by the Registrar or a staff member who has permissions at the organization level. A staff member, such as a coach, who only has permissions at the team level, will only be able to remove the player from the team. This puts the player in an Open Teams status-they are still registered with the club, just not listed on a team: support.kyck.com/knowledgebase/how-do-you-release-or-remove-a-player/
- Click here for details on how to add and move players between teams.
- Player Releases: Users, with permission, are able to remove players from a team and release players from a club/organization entirely. We urge you to review players each season and release those no longer with your club/organization, as this will expedite player approvals and maximize the auto-renewal of players.
- NOTE: Moving a player to “Open” status is not releasing the player from your organization.
- At the team level, Player tab, clicking “X” removes the player from the team only. You will also remove the player from the team when clicking “X” on the official roster. Note you are deleting the player from the team but not releasing the player from the club at this level.
- Registrars, or anyone with full permissions at the organization level, are the only ones who can release players from the club.
- At the organization level, Player tab, clicking “X” releases the player from the organization.
- Adult player registration: Due to proof of birth marked as a required field, please upload the Adult player registration form (R002-A) for players over age 17 in place of a POB. If entering players 17 and under to an adult team you must upload their POB and adult player registration registration form (R002-A) signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Passcard auto-renewals: Functionality was implemented that allows for the automatic approval of player passcard renewal requests that meet certain requirements. These passcard requests will be approved almost instantly, as additional processing by US Club Soccer administrative staff is not required.
- Login: Registrars may not distribute one log-in credential for parents or staff to enter player/staff information. Each staff member needs his or her own granted access into the system. Visit the KYCK Help section to learn more about the specific functionality of each Staff Permission.
- Proof of birth and player/staff photos: Proof of birth files must be saved as .jpg or .pdf format and under 2 MB in size. Photos must be saved as .jpg and under 2 MB in size. If necessary, rotate photos before uploading. Two free tools you may wish to use are Editor by pixlr.com or Snipping Tool (for PC users).
- For the card to be considered valid, it is a requirement to have a photo prior to lamination.
- To clarify, photos are required for players and staff; proof of birth is required for players.
- The cropping tool has been added to the player’s profile page and Add New Player/Staff. At this time, the tool will allow cropping but not rotation of a photo. Right-click on a player’s name to open the profile page in a new tab.