NSL’s Inaugural Player Development Program
It was great to see so many talented players representing the Northeast Soccer League at our inaugural PDP event with US Club Soccer on April 14th. Club DOC’s were then asked to nominate names from the 04 and 05 age groups across both genders who might benefit from participating in the Player Development Program. We were thrilled to be able to offer this program after having our application to host the event accepted by US Club Soccer. Application to host a PDP Program is generally only approved for leagues with National Premier League (NPL) so this is a massive vote of confidence from US Club Soccer in not only our league structure but the players and member clubs within it.
This is really a great opportunity for our top teams as players may be selected from the PDP program to enter US Clubs id2 program with potential for U.S. National Team inclusion. The id2 program for 2018/19 cycle will be for 05 and 04 ages so we decided to focus on this age range for our initial PDP event.
Our first event took place at Marlboro Forekicks with boys arriving from 10.30 to 12.30pm then the girls from 12.30 to 2.30pm. The following clubs recommended players to participate in this event;
Girls Clubs Represented
East Bay United FC, JSSA, LPDA, Merrimack Valley SC, Nordic Soccer, Nova, Rhode Island Rush, St. Michael Youth, Total Soccer and Victoria F.C.
Boys Clubs Represented
JSSA, LPDA, Mach 1 FC, Merrimack Valley SC, Nordic Soccer, Nova, Rhode Island Rush, St. Michael Youth, Total Soccer and Victoria F.C.
We have invited all clubs to put names forward of players that could benefit from this program and will be hosting a second event on May 12th at the same time and location as our first weekend. Any players who were unable to make the first event can still participate on May 12th with your club’s recommendation.
Some important information about the PDP Program is listed below;
- This event is totally free for all players
- PDP’s are regionally based identification and developmental programs conducted within the US Club Soccer id2 Program
- PDP invitations are based upon objective scouting of elite clubs and leagues, combined with recommendations from top Directors of Coaching
- Each PDP includes at least one training session and one internal competition which could be a summer 2018 tournament
- Both the id2 Program and PDP have been granted Olympic Development Program status by the U.S. Soccer Federation and the US Olympic Committee.
- If you would like more information on the PDP Program and US Club’s National ID2 events please click on the following link http://usclubsoccer.org/programs/player-identification/pdp/
The NSL wishes to thank US Club Soccer for providing the league and its clubs with the opportunity to deliver the program and their support in making it a success. We had the opportunity to not only work with the players from over 17 of our top clubs but to also present to parents more information about US Club Soccer and the Players First Philosophy that the league is embracing. We fully expect our second PDP session to be even more successful than our first and hopefully look forward to having our players go on to represent the league and US Club Soccer at the highest possible level.
If you feel your son or daughter would be a candidate for this program then please e mail your club Director of Coaching so they can provide the league with the required information.